Monday, March 3, 2008

Spilling Clinical Secrets

Don't be fooled by the title of the post. It's not like I'm going to tell you some juicy confidential patient information or post pics of some of the celebs that hang out here. This post is about some of the BEST information that I've seen in clinical medicine.

Man, it's amazing how when you find something really good, you just can't stop talking about it and can't help expressing your enthusiasm about it.

I've been watching Gray Cook & Brett Jones's Secrets of the Hip & Knee DVD, and it's absolutely excellent. I can't tell you how many priceless insights I got just from the Introduction section, let alone the rest of the DVD. This just rocks.

"But I'm not a doctor or a clinician. Why do I need this DVD?"

Simple. If you train yourself as an athlete and want to understand the workings of your body and how to train it with maximum effectiveness and safety, this is perhaps the closest thing to a user's guide that you're gonna get. If you train others, work out with others, or even teach a grade-school PE class or coach a team, this info is PRICELESS!

If your old PE teachers or coaches or workout buddies knew the proper way of training in a way such that you'd almost never complain of a lower back problem or a knee pain, wouldn't you consider that valuable?

How many times have your lower back or knees bothered you after training?

And finally, how much money have you spent on treating those issues?

Compare that for the price of a 2 DVD set that'll open your eyes and your mind to how to best train the hips & knees in ways that'll preserve the stability and mobility of your problem areas in ways that keep you pain free, and it's a no-brainer.

Just awesome. I wish that Gray & Brett were my professors for orthopedics during my medical education, but thank God I've got access to them now!

5 comments:

Take One Stripper Pole said...

When did Gray Cook become an RKC? WOW!

Rannoch Donald said...

Now I reealise what you were talking about yesterday! Can't wait to see these.

Rannoch

Brett Jones said...

Thank you Dr. - I truly appreciate your feedback on the DVDs and look forward to our next opportunity to learn from each other.

Unknown said...

Sir, you are a fine example to follow. I'm grateful to Pavel for bringing us together.

If you're going to be in St. Paul in April, I'll see you there, and if not, I'll see you in August here in my hometown! Bring your appetite!

Franz Snideman said...

I've been watching the same DVD and feel the same. It absolutely kicks butt (no pun intended).

I think every RKC should have to watch this DVD! It really coincides with the entire RKC teaching and Pavel, Stuart McGill's work, etc..