Friday, March 14, 2008

Scotland - Day 1.5


Landed in Scotland, dropped some bags off at Rannoch's and went straight to Krav Maga Edinburgh to teach some Combat Shuai-Chiao. I'm demonstrating the set-up for the "la" pulling throw in the picture above. The reception was a warm one, and I'm pleased that the martial arts are thriving here in Scotland.

After class, I gorged on fish & chips and then went to sleep far too quickly. The next morning, did some minor adjusting of the Hard Style form with Rannoch and started going over the Level 2 lifts. Training then moved out of KBs and back into martial arts later in the day, as we covered some of the fundamentals of Kalis Ilustrissimo as taught to me by Prof. Roy Harris. Rannoch's elder son, Pete, did wonderfully at it, as did Rannoch.

The late morning saw me visiting the same physio who treats Inosanto Academy representative Guro Rick Young. Kim's excellent. On a par with LA's finest for sure. She had me so knocked out that I could barely stay awake in the car on the way back to the house. Thinking that I'd take a quick nap for an hour and get up to walk in the hills, I ended up sleeping like a brick for +4 hours. Serious therapy.

This morning (now Friday at 9am here), we're going over a bit more kettlebellery and then have an interview with Vadim Kolganov, the Sambo expert featured on Human Weapon. It's going to be quite a fun day!

3 comments:

Take One Stripper Pole said...

Sounds like you are having a blast!Good luck with this weekend spreading the knowledge and enthusiasm of kbs.

Mark Reifkind said...

great to hear you are getting right to it! enjoy Mark, can't wait to hear all the details in august.

Unknown said...

Rif, it looks like you'll only have to wait 'til Denmark! :-)

So much cool stuff happened over there, and I'll blog it out later on today.