Thursday, March 27, 2008

When Nature Strikes...

Sometimes, you just have to bow down to a greater power.

For me right now, that's Nature. Squealie caught a cold/flu, which turned into an upper respiratory infection, and Nature's law of communicable disease spread poor Squealie's cooties to his Dad.

I've been feeling a little less than 100% since this weekend, but this morning was the kicker... woke up with all the classic symptoms - chills & fever, sneezing, mild cough from post-nasal drip, and the wonderful body aches. There's no way I'm flying in this condition, and the TSA would probably lock me in a plastic room for months if I showed up at LAX.

The New Zealand workshops are regrettably postponed for the time being, but rest assured that they will be rescheduled and done with absolute panache before the year is out!

Now to crawl back to bed after downing a jug of water, some Chinese herbs, and 2 stone worth of Vitamin C.

6 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

heal fast brother, only 4 weeks to get better for Denmark!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Rif. If I'm not better in time for St. Paul, then I want the RKC Team Leader crest on my gravestone, and I expect you to give the eulogy!

Take One Stripper Pole said...

Feel better soon! :)

Franz Snideman said...

Dude...heal way quick bro!

Being sick sucks.....you'll be back in no time!!!!!!!

Gabi said...

I really hope I'm too late to say 'get well soon' because you already have :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for your thoughtfulness, everyone!

This flu's dragging out a bit longer than I'd like, but it's slowly getting better day-by-day. Hopefully I'll be out & about teaching and seeing patients again by Wednesday.

I have to say that knowing that people are sending get-well wishes & emails from around the world is REALLY cool. :)