Monday, April 14, 2008

Driven!

Talent does what it can; genius does what it must.
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton

I'm here in the clinic taking a little break between a tele-conference with my Combat Shuai-Chiao master, seeing patients & clients, and writing like a madman. Thank God for these little moments of respite.

I went to check my Gmail when I saw the above quote at the top of the page in the Web Clip section. It really brought a smile to my face. Even though I was feeling a little ragged with all the stuff I'm trying to fit into the day and the pace it's all flying at me, that quote made me feel like the sprinting's all worth it. In fact... MORE than worth it.

I think about the kind of highly directed & fast-paced workload that guys like Pavel, Gray Cook, my Dad, my CSC master, and some of my other sources of inspiration handle, and it motivates me to produce higher quality in all that I do. They come from a place of truth, integrity, transparency, and work ceaselessly towards the goal of "maximum benefit" for others.

Just wanted to take a sec to share that little bit of inspiration with you all. See how much of your day and your energies you can orient towards "maximum benefit" for others, and then take the little boosts where they come and get crackin'!

More later after the day winds down and I get back to the Panda Cave.

1 comment:

Boris said...

In the University of Iowa football team weight room there is a sign that reads "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." Your quote reminds me of that and both are great.