Thursday, September 4, 2008

Gunnin' for it!

Just finished with a client & decided to use his recovery time to grease the groove a bit. Foot-hooked the 16kg and pulled it with ease, sternum to the bar. After the next round, felt strong and decided to try the 24kg. SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH... clavicle to bar.

At 160, I could go for pressing the 36kg, but I don't own one. The crosshairs are focused on the Bulldog. If (or rather when) I can get back down to my fighting weight (148lbs) and press an 88lb kettlebell, that'll be a sweet moment for me.

Back to meetings & editing. So far, looks like a strong ending to my 35th year. God-willing, my 36th will be stronger. To all of you that made this past year of my life so outstanding and so memorable, thank you... from the bottom of my heart.

6 comments:

Nikki Shlosser said...

Hooray, the first to blog-wish you a happy almost birthday. :)

Wow, that sounds uber-dorky.

NICE work on the pull up, Sifu!!

Kenneth Jay said...

Strong work my friend!

btw, U got Mail

The Endos & Morenos said...

Way to go Doc! Congrats!

You'll have that puppy pressed in no time!

Franz Snideman said...

"After the next round, felt strong and decided to try the 24kg. SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH... clavicle to bar."

Nice brother! I too am gunning for the BULLDOG. I'm not there yet....but the clean and press ladders with the 28kg are coming along nicely.

Dr. Mizuhara-Cheng said...

Happy birthday... and many more! Way to grease the groove. We will have to go running again to add to your pullups. :)

Iron Tamer said...

Hardstyle!